Flat6Labs celebrated its 7th Demo Day in Tunis on Thursday, July 8, in an online event that gathered more than 1000 live viewers. The ceremony was also an opportunity to announce a new investor in the Anava Seed Fund, Flat6Labs’ investment vehicle in Tunisia: Sawari Ventures.
The Demo Day commemorates the 4 months of work that the startups have done with Flat6Labs since the beginning of each cycle. It’s an opportunity to showcase their growth to a range of potential stakeholders: customers, investors, companies, and more, who will be willing to further support the scalability of these businesses. Since 2011, Flat6Labs has organized more than 40 Demo Days, giving more than 320 startups visibility and a chance to grow in the region and around the world.
Sawari Ventures, one of the leading venture capitals in the Arab world, joined TAEF, BIAT, Meninx Holding and the International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank group, with an investment amount of 4.5 million Dinars.
“We are very proud of our investment in Anava Seed Fund. We have been following their progress closely and we are more than convinced that Tunisia has brilliant entrepreneurs working on very promising startups” says Wael Amin, Partner at Sawari Ventures.
The startups supported during the 7th cycle of Flat6Labs in Tunis are:
- -Ahkili: A mental healthcare booking platform connecting psychologists to patients through telemedicine
- -Dokken: A one-stop-shop solution for business owners looking to create their websites in less than 5 minutes and for a low monthly fee
- -LAMMA: An urban carpooling app that focuses on comfort while reducing time and money spent on daily mobility
- -Ms. Marion: An innovative ready-to-wear brand dedicated to working women in formal working environments
- -Proservy: A platform that digitizes office administration, management and logistics to help companies focus on their core business
- -Reedz: A mobile app that offers Arabic language podcasts & interactive book summaries in text and audio formats
- -Shifti: A centralized online management solution that facilitates the creation of custom e-commerce websites and automates management tasks
- -WeMove: An online fitness marketplace for pay per use gym passes
It is possible to get in touch with the startups through this link.