Flat6Labs Hosts First Regional Demo Day Riyadh, KSAEvent Starts: Tuesday, 10 Dec 2019, 5:00 Program Ends:Tuesday, 10 Dec 2019, 10:00
Flat6Labs hosted its First Regional Demo Day during ArabNet Riyadh on December 10, 2019, which took place at the Riyadh International Convention & Exhibition Center. The Regional Demo Day is a first of its kind for Flat6Labs on a regional level, following more than 30 successful local Demo Days across Flat6Labs locations in Egypt, KSA, UAE, Lebanon, Tunis and Bahrain.
The Regional Demo Day showcased 18 investor-ready, high-growth, scalable startups from Cairo, Beirut, Tunis and Bahrain , who presented their products and services to a select audience of potential investors and the media from Saudi Arabia, the MENA region, and the international entrepreneurial community.
The selected Flat6Labs startups were handpicked from a pool of 240+ startups from the past 30+ cycles, providing them with the opportunity to scale and expand into the MENA region and beyond.
The startup founders and teams were tackling solutions across an array of industries including Clean Technology, E-commerce, Ed Tech, Health Tech, IoT, SaaS, Logistics, Recruitment, Sports Tech, among others.
Flat6Labs startups go through several stages before they are selected to become a fully developed startup, powered by Flat6Labs funding, network and expertise. They also have the privilege of using the Flat6Labs office space as their own, where they are connected to mentors, consultants, investors, business workshops, training sessions and perks, amongst many others.
The First Regional Demo Day solidifies Flat6Labs’ aim to accelerate the growth rate of entrepreneurship in MENA, and to provide a steady pipeline to the region’s rapidly-growing venture capital ecosystem.
Flat6Labs’ mission is not only to serve startups as an early stage investment vehicle, but much more than that: we are our startups’ institutional partner. As Flat6Labs’ footprint and impact grows across MENA and even beyond, we make sure that this leading stance within the region directly helps our startups and partners to achieve their goals in reaching their customers and scaling across their required markets” said Ramez El-Serafy CEO at Flat6labs.
And that’s exactly what we’re doing with our first Regional Demo Day. We’re bringing together 18 brilliant Flat6Labs startups from across our offices in MENA to enable them to take their next step towards follow-on funding and scalability” added El-Serafy. Omar Christidis, CEO of ArabNet said, “We’re thrilled to be hosting the first ever Flat6labs Regional Demo Day at Arabnet Riyadh this year. The conference is the ideal platform for these promising startups to access the region’s largest digital market — Saudi Arabia — by connecting with over 6,000 attendees and 150+ investors, and forging relationships with potential partners and clients.”
Here are the 18 graduating startups that showcased their products and services during the First Regional Demo Day:
- Akalati: Food ordering app for parties and gatherings.
- Bexel: Cloud-based Inspection Software for Oil & Gas and Construction companies.
- Boostiny: A performance based advertising platform linking brands with nano-influencers
- Chefaa: On-demand application to scan and deliver prescriptions to patients, locate the nearest pharmacy, and order from pharmacies online.
- Clean2O: Clean2O designs products that make water safe for cooking and drinking anytime, anywhere.
- GoMyCode: High-end computer Science Education with a unique learning experience that leaves lasting impressions and positively impact our students’ lives.
- Illa: lla is a digitally operated multi-sized platform that provides transportation and distribution services.
- Majara: A career platform that focuses on matching young professionals with employers on the basis of culture fit.
- Mint Basil Market: An e-commerce platform for healthy natural products.
- Schedex: Smart, automated, and flexible employee scheduling SaaS for shift-based companies and hourly workers.
- Springring: Springring is a School Communication Management Platform linking admins, parents, teachers, and students together.
- Tamarran: Tamarran helps you find and book sport venues, fitness classes and recreational activities in town.
- Tap4Glam: Tap4glam.com is an innovative solution for booking beauty and wellness services at home, for companies or during events.
- Telp: Telp is an online platform which helps students find and book lessons with private tutors instantly.
- Untap: Untap is a submission management tool used to efficiently launch and manage online competitions and calls for applications.
- VRapeutic: VRapeutic develops virtual reality software for learning disabilities and developmental disorders.
- Wattnow: Wattnow’s mission is to support companies and building operators visualize their consumption in real time and helping them reduce their electricity bills by up to 30%.
- Zima: A cost-saving SaaS that enables Internet Service Providers to manage their user bandwidth, billing and subscription– with no need for hardware.
Flat6Labs has an open application process, allowing founders to apply at any time to receive feedback and enhance their selection opportunities for upcoming cycles around the region. Founders can learn more and apply at www.Flat6Labs.comarrow_back Back to all events