- Home keyboard_arrow_right
- Events keyboard_arrow_right
- Flat6Labs Cairo Graduates 11 Innovative Startups at its Fall 2019 Demo Day
Flat6Labs Cairo Graduates 11 Innovative Startups at its Fall 2019 Demo Day Cairo, EgyptEvent Starts: Wednesday, 04 Dec 2019, 5:00 Program Ends:Wednesday, 04 Dec 2019, 9:00
Flat6Labs Cairo, the leading Startup Accelerator in Egypt, held its fall 2019 Demo Day with eleven new start-ups graduating from its second cycle of fiscal year 2019.
Flat6Labs Cairo’s fall 2019 cycle commenced on August 25th in 2019 and welcomed eleven promising new teams, filtered from over 1200 applications, who are now excited to launch their businesses to the general public. This cycle has entrepreneurs coming from all across Egypt and the startups are working across various industries, from Home Automation, Health Tech, Logistics and SaaS, to E-commerce, Management Consulting, Web Development & Recruitment, offering innovative online and digital solutions set to disrupt the market.
Attending the Demo Day are Flat6Labs investors, mentors, top government officials, reputable technology experts and influencers from the region, and press, who are keen on witnessing the progress of the start-ups and the latest innovations in the region.
Flat6Labs Cairo fosters and invests in bright and passionate Egyptian entrepreneurs with cutting-edge ideas, and supports them by providing access to a vast network of local and international investors, industry experts, partners and corporations. With a fund size of EGP 100m, Flat6Labs Accelerator Company (FAC) aims at investing in up to 100 early-stage startups and 300+ entrepreneurs, during its five years investment period. Every six months, Flat6Labs Cairo provides seed capital to eight to ten new startups, each company receives from EGP 500K to EGP 750K in funding for up to 10% equity.
“We’re extremely happy to be graduating this latest batch of 11 startups and cannot wait to see how they’ll continue to scale their businesses to a new level post Demo Day”. He adds, “We can say with confidence that this group of entrepreneurs are go getters and relentless in their quest towards success, and we fully stand behind them even after they’ve left Flat6Labs Cairo’s doors”. — Ramez El-Serafy, Flat6Labs CEO
The eleven graduating startups that are showcasing their technologies and business ideas at Flat6Labs Cairo Fall 2019 Demo Day include:
- AION: AION Innovations offers easy to install and affordable smart home solutions which are accessed and controlled remotely using an innovative mobile application.
- Axon: AXON is a medical platform which saves individuals and organisations up to 80% on medical and wellness services through one consolidated annual membership.
- BeXel: BeXel is a cloud-based software that helps quality control engineers in checking safety standards for equipment used in various sectors such as oil, gas, construction, and hotels.
- Consulting Pad: Consulting Pad empowers businesses by matching them with experts from world-class MBA programs and multinational companies.
- Curotrip: A one stop shop for patients all over the world to get connected to Egyptian medical professionals , book and plan the whole medical journey in a few simple steps.
- Fridge: Fridge provides all the required grocery and hygiene supplies to businesses on an interval basis (monthly, weekly, or daily) at wholesale prices. Saving businesses time, money and resources.
- HOVO: HOVO is your tech-enabled logistics partner that provides trucks in 20 mins across Egypt. They proudly have a fleet of over 3000 trucks in different sizes.
- Makwa: Makwa is a mobile application that provides doorstep dry cleaning, laundry pickup and delivery services.
- ShipHaly: ShipHaly An online platform that connects shoppers to travelers, offering a secure, affordable, and seamless shopping experience.
- Talents Arena: Online technical hiring platform, enabling companies to hire the best technical talents in 14 days or less.
- Wuilt: Website builder that creates a multi-lingual websites in 3 easy steps, in less than 10 minutes.